L4b3ls

Thursday 1 September 2011

Jenson Button in Manchester

This post is a bit late, and it's the first in a while but oh well, I've not had much to post about really!

So, this Monday (29th) I went into Manchester to go watch Jenson Button drive about in an F1 car! What a day it was!

With my dad's camera in hand we arrived at Deansgate at about 10:15am and waited for the action to commence! Here are a few snaps of where we were. [Click on any of the photos to see it bigger and better!]



The view down Deansgate not long after we arrived

A cracking shot of some marshals!

The restaurant behind us supporting Jenson! (The 'N' later escaped)

The view down Deansgate just before Jenson drove the MP4-12C

At around noon Jenson took to the streets in a Mercedes safety car to test the track out! Unfortunately I couldn't quite get a good photo of him whilst in the safety car, but I did get a picture of the back of his head!

Not long after the whiz around in the safety car, a couple of lucky competition winners got to be drove around by Jenson in the beautiful McLaren MP4-12C! I managed to get a few cracking shots of this, so here you are, admire the pictures!

At just past 1pm Jenson finally went to the track in the McLaren Formula 1 car, sporting a "I <3 MCR" sticker!
The best was absolutely saved until last! Having never been to a Grand Prix before, I'd never heard an F1 car irl; I knew the cars were loud but my god! The noise was awesome! I even managed to get a great snap which I'm very proud of!

So, it turned out to be a worthwhile trip! And even my sore legs from the constant standing couldn't ruin the day! To finish off this post here is another shot I quite like...


icc.

No comments:

Post a Comment